Frequently Asked Questions

When you rent a shelf or stand within ONE retail shop and the Owner of the shop sells your product on your behalf, your stall holder policy will cover you for that one location, for product liability. However, if you leave your product in multiple retail shops, then you would NOT be covered by your stall holder cover. This constitutes “ on consignment” under our definition.
No, we do not cover you holding workshops, even if you have the “selling from home/internet sales” option added to your policy.
We can't cover ANY children's toys whatsoever, including board games.

We can't cover potions and lotions that stay on the skin eg. any topical cream that is applied to the skin and left on eg lip balm, moisturiser, hand cream, make up, essential oils etc

We can cover soap, bath bombs or bath crystals as they wash off the skin. We can also cover candles.

If you are in any doubt, please don't hesitate to call or email us to clarify your specific situation.
Mechanical & electrical goods
Toys of any kind whatsoever, including board games
Adult Toys
Medicines, potions, beauty products, nail polish (excluding soap)
Hazardous, flammable or dangerous goods (excluding candles)
Products that have been dispensed or have been repackaged into smaller containers for retail sales, except where the original product dispensed has not been altered, mixed or blended with any other ingredients or products with clear product labelling of use and ingredients
Products sold in containers exceeding 5 litres or 5 kilograms
Explosive tools, fireworks, flammable liquid or bulk pool chemicals
Products intended to be used in connection with the navigation of vehicles, aircraft or watercraft
Parts for motor vehicles
Medical equipment
Guns and/or ammunition
Model Aircraft
Knives, swords or spears (excluding cutlery)
Power tools
Motorized vehicles
Animal feed (excluding for domestic pets)
Gym equipment and bicycles
Preparation of any body part for, or the application of, any tattoo or body piercing item
Massage, chiropractic treatment or similar type treatment
Tobacco products and nicotine replacements, personal vaporizer products
Silicone and latex products of any kind, including products that contain silicone
Essential oils which are to be used internally or directly on skin
Vitamins, herbs (excluding fresh herbs), protein powders, nutraceuticals or any health and weight loss products
Any beauty treatments (excluding hair braiding, face painting using natural non-toxic paints, henna painting)
Alcohol products of any kind

Whilst we cannot cover the above items under Product Liability Insurance, we can still cover you for Public Liability Insurance
Using a laptop,desktop computer, an iphone/smartphone or tablet you simply go the "home" page of our website.Just scroll down and choose the cover you want, tap "click to buy" on either single day or annual/pop up shop cover, then follow the prompts. After completing the online transaction with your credit or debit card, your Policy will be automatically emailed to you, so be careful when entering your email address.
All policies commence at 12.01am on the day you choose (from the drop down calendar menu). They conclude at 12.00 midnight. You can forward date any policy up to 120 days in advance. If you need a date further out than 120 days, simply email us with the details and we will amend your policy and email back to you.
1. If your biscuits are sold as nut free and they are not – then you will need Product Liability.
2. If your olives are sold ‘without pips’ and one has a pip in it and cracks a tooth- you need Product Liability.
3. If your chicken hasn't been refrigerated properly and a customer gets sick – you need Product Liability.

The best news is that Product Liability is built into our package automatically and without any extra cost, however if you sell a product we cannot cover (see below for exclusions) we can still cover you for Public Liability Insurance.
The Market operator or owner will have their own Insurance Policy but this will usually only protect their own Public Liability – not a Stall holders Public Liability. So if a sign advertising the Market is not secured and hits a patron – the Market Organiser's Public Liability Policy will respond.

However, you will need your own Public and Products Liability Market Stall insurance for any incident that arises from or involves YOUR Market Stall or your products.
You can call or email us any time. We will immediately advise you of any action that needs to be taken.

We won’t need any boring claim forms completed – just an explanation as to the circumstances.

The first thing to remember is that you can empathise with the injured or aggrieved party, but you cannot accept that it is your fault or liability without involving us and the Insurance Company.
A pop up shop is where you occupy a locked up retail shop premise in a shopping centre or shopping strip, for a short period. Our cover is for 3 months only and your policy will reflect the start and finish date of the cover.

It caters for public and product liability insurance and the same exclusions and conditions apply as for Day and Annual cover.

Rates are the same as an Annual policy, eg $149 for $10 million cover and $200 for $20 million cover.Your cover is for public and product liability insurance ie, if someone is harmed, injured or caused distress as a result of your shop or product.
We have a "NO EXCESS" policy, regardless of fault.
Your policy covers you at all markets, fetes, car boot sales, shopping centres, car parks, festivals etc, across all states and territories of Australia.
Once you complete the online application, wait 5-10 minutes and you will receive two emails, one is your "confirmation of payment" and the other email will have a Pdf attachment, that when opened, is your Certificate of Currency. Be careful when entering your email address, as an error in the address will mean you will not receive these emails. If your Policy hasn't arrived within 10 minutes of purchasing online, PLEASE CHECK YOUR "JUNK FILE" as sometimes it lands there, if not simply phone Wendy 0417507279 to have it resent to you.

When your payment is debited to your card the transaction will be from ALLIANCE INSURANCE and will appear on your statement as such.
If you take out our annual cover then you have an option to add cover for sales from your home and/or internet selling. If you have a $10 million annual cover then the upgrade for selling from home/internet is $51 or if you have a $20 million annual cover then the upgrade is $61. Selling from home applies when you have a small number of customers come to your home to buy your products. It does not cover conducting class's from home. Both public and product liability apply to selling from home. Selling on the internet means selling via sites like Facebook, Ebay and Etsy or you own website. Our cover does not apply to sales to USA, but all other regions in the world are covered by this policy. Product liability only, applies to internet selling. The total sales from one or both of these options must not exceed $25,000 within the year of the policy. This excludes your sales from markets. Simply tick this option when completing the online form and the extra premium will automatically be added to your premium and noted on your Policy.
All premiums charged are Minimum - Once the Policy has been utilised there is no refund applicable.
This is easily done. Please call Wendy +61 417 507 279 with your Policy number (MKT......) and all your credit card details. Note this can only be done via the phone. The cost to upgrade is $51 if you currently have a $149 policy or $61 if your current policy includes the "selling from home/internet" option.
When you check your credit card statement, you will see the charge of your Policy comes up as "Alliance Insurance" - this is the Company we are Brokers for.
Our insurance company is AIG (American Insurance Group) which is a global insurance company.
In NSW only, you do not pay stamp duty when you operate a small business with a turnover of less than 2 million dollars. Your premium will reflect this discount.